Detoxing our bodies is an essential part of our healing journey. Here are 10 different ways to detoxify your body and why this is important.
You are so excited to start hyperbaric oxygen therapy and ready to feel better, but then you don’t. Maybe you feel the chills after your hbot session, like you have the flu, or a foggy brain. This happens in people like me with Lyme disease, but it can also happen when microorganisms in the body such as bacteria, parasites, yeasts, or fungi are destroyed and dying off. They put out an endotoxin the starts an immune response. This isn’t fun, but it is a good thing.
So, what helps a “herx”? Herx is short for herxheimer.
Detox, detox, and more detox!
Anyone who has dealt with chronic Lyme disease becomes an expert at detoxification, but we all need to detoxify even if we don’t get this reaction.
Here are 10 ways to detox your body, some you know, but hopefully I am sharing a few new options you can try.
- Warm lemon water first thing in the morning and throughout the day
- Lemon and apple cider vinegar water
- Ion foot bath
- Epsom salt bath
- Dry brushing your skin with a loofah sponge
- Sauna or hot yoga-the skin is the largest organ of the body
- Detox tea or a cup of dandelion root tea. Dandelion tea does have an earthy taste.
- Activated charcoal- Charcoal binds up those toxins
- Chlorella- Chlorella is a type of algae that helps support the elimination of toxins such as heavy metals from your body.
What can you try adding this week to help increase your detoxification pathways?
Bonus points if you can do it through the next 3 weeks!